German Hotel Group
- Leading European hotel group instructed us to refinance a portfolio of 8 hotels in Germany and The Netherlands.
- Hotels were all owned and operated by the group, some under franchise agreements with major brands, and some as independent boutique hotels.
- Client was looking to consolidate its borrowings across these assets and release equity for deployment elsewhere on the most competitive terms possible.
- The financing was ultimately closed with a single German lender in what was one of the largest bilateral deals in the sector with a German Bank since the downturn.
- The key to success was overcoming the challenge of financing a managed (as opposed to leased) portfolio of hotels across two countries.