Blackfriars Crown Court
- Client had agreed to acquire these law courts in Southwark from the Ministry of Justice.
- Business plan was to obtain planning and redevelop this 1.4 acre freehold site into a state of the art office led scheme
- An initial acquisition facility was initially required with a development facility to be added at a later date once planning had been achieved and the development metrics fixed.
- Lenders were asked to take a view that change of use from D1 would be forth coming and what massing would be achievable for the new scheme. The asset was also vacant.
- After running a competitive process with a number of interest parties we closed the financing with a discreet private family office.